Saturday, June 9, 2012

Phillumeny - My Hobby



One of my many hobbies is Phillumeny, collecting matchbox related item, in my case matchbox. 
The year was 1998-99, I can't remember clearly. I was in class VI or VII. First floor of our house was being construed. One of the worker bring a matchbox named "COCONUTS". I was quite amazed as then I knew there was only one kind of matchbox is available in market, "SHIP", which is the only matchbox I seen till then.
Thus began my matchbox collecting hobby as at that age I collect whatever I saw have more than one kind of  variates like candy wrapper, cigarettes box, stickers, stamps, tree leaves, butterfly and many more, though only a couple of hobbies of that age still survive.

If you want to know about Phillumeny, visit Wikipedia.

My First Matchbox:

No comments:

Post a Comment